AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80MM F/2.8-4E ED VR Kit Lens
Type….F mount, Type E AF-S DX lens with built-in CPU
Focal length….16–, 80mm
Maximum aperture….f/2.8, –4.0
Minimum aperture…f/22, –32
Filter-attachment size…72mm, (P = 0.75 mm)
2 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
- Technical Specification
- Reviews (0)
Ascend to a new level of photography with the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR, the world’s lightest*1 DX-format 16-80mm*2 f/2.8-4, 5x normal zoom lens that delivers impressive optical performance. A first for DX-format lenses, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR incorporates Nano Crystal Coat technology that reduces flares and ghosting, an electromagnetic aperture mechanism that allows for stable exposure control, and a fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water, grease and dirt. With the inclusion of a 4-stop Vibration Reduction (VR) system*3, allowing for sharper images and videos in a wide range of conditions, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR is an excellent high performance lens for everyday use and an integral component to your photography arsenal.
SHARPNESS YOU CAN RELY ON
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR is a high performance 5x normal zoom lens featuring f/2.8 aperture at the maximum wide-angle position, resulting in a fast zoom lens ideal for capturing a vast range of shooting situations. In addition, a Nano Crystal Coat, aspherical lens and ED glass elements come together to achieve high optical performance. The Nano Crystal Coat, a first for DX-format lenses, is an adaptation of a coating featuring nano-sized crystal particles that effectively reduces flares and ghosting, so you capture sharper imagery with every shot.
ALWAYS ON THE MOVE
At approximately 480g, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR is the world’s lightest*1, DX-format compatible, 16-80mm*2 lens and is an ideal everyday companion that gives you the freedom of greater manoeuvrability to capture your creative vision. In a first for DX-format lenses, this lightweight and durable lens has a fluorine coat applied on the outer surfaces of the extreme front and rear lens elements. A unique NIKKOR lens technology, this fluorine coat effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease or dirt for easy removal, giving you the freedom to conquer the elements with total peace of mind.
FOREFRONT OF INNOVATION
A Vibration Reduction (VR) system is incorporated to provide an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops faster in NORMAL mode*3, enabling you to shoot sharper and crisper handheld shots. In another first for DX-format lenses, the AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR incorporates an electromagnetic aperture mechanism, which is an aperture blade unit with drive mechanism that is controlled via electric signals from the camera body. This mechanism allows for stable and reliable auto-exposure control even during high-speed continuous shooting, wherever you go.
*1 Among 5× normal zoom autofocus (AF) lenses with a maximum aperture of f/2.8 at the maximum wide-angle position for digital SLR cameras equipped with image sensors equivalent to the APS-C size available as of July 2, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.
*2 Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 24-120mm lens in FX/35mm-format
*3 Measured in accordance with CIPA standards using a DX-format digital SLR camera. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.
THE WORLD’S LIGHTEST*, DX-FORMAT COMPATIBLE, 16-80MM** F/2.8-4, 5X NORMAL ZOOM LENS FEATURING F/2.8 APERTURE AT THE MAXIMUM WIDE-ANGLE POSITION
This is a compact and lightweight 5x normal zoom lens that employs Nano-Crystal coat and fluorine coat – a first for DX-format lenses.
* Among 5x normal zoom lenses with the f/2.8 maximum aperture at the maximum wide-angle position, compatible with lens-interchangeable digital SLR cameras employing APS-C-format image sensor, available as of March 31, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.
** Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 24-120 mm lens in FX/35mm format.
VIBRATION REDUCTION (VR) PROVIDES AN EFFECT EQUIVALENT TO A SHUTTER SPEED 4.0 STOPS* FASTER (NORMAL MODE, BASED ON CIPA STANDARD)
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR achieves 4.0 stops in NORMAL mode based on CIPA Standard, which is a measurement method of the blur-correction effect common to all camera/lens manufacturers.
* This value is achieved when the lens is attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
HIGH OPTICAL PERFORMANCE
The AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR is the first DX-format lens employing Nano Crystal Coat. Aspherical lens and ED glass elements are also incorporated to achieve high optical performance with minimal ghost effect and chromatic aberration.
ELECTROMAGNETIC DIAPHRAGM MECHANISM IS ADOPTED
A diaphragm blade unit with drive mechanism is incorporated in the lens barrel, enabling diaphragm control via electric signals from the camera body. This ensures stable auto-exposure control even during high-speed continuous shooting.
Fluorine coat that effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease or dirt for easy removal even if they adhere to the lens surface is employed – a first for DX-format lenses.
- Type….F mount, Type E AF-S DX lens with built-in CPU
- Focal length….16–, 80mm
- Maximum aperture….f/2.8, –4.0
- Minimum aperture….f/22, –32
- Lens construction……17elements in, 13groups, including 4 ED elements, 3 aspherical elements, and elements with Nano-Crystal or fluorine coatings
- Angle of view….83° to 20°
- Minimum focus distance….0.35m (1.15ft)
- VR (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization….Yes
- of diaphragm blades….7 (rounded diaphragm opening)
- Diaphragm….Automatic electronic aperture control
- Metering….Full aperture
- Filter-attachment size….72mm, (P = 0.75 mm)
- Dimensions….Approx. 80 mm maximum diameter x 85.5 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)
- AF-S (Silent Wave Motor)….Yes
- Internal focusing…..Yes
- Focus mode….Manual, Manual/Auto
- Focus distance indicator….Yes
- Focal length scale…..Graduated in millimeters (16, 24, 35, 50, 80)
- Zoom…..Manual zoom using independent zoom ring
- Supplied accessories….72 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-72, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-75