Nikon D 810 DSLR Camera Body with Single Lens: 24-120mm.
Lens mount…Nikon F mount, (with AF coupling and AF contacts)
Image sensor format..FX
Image sensor type…CMOS
Sensor size…35.9mm, x24.0mm
Speed…1/8000–, 30s, in steps of 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV, bulb, time, X250
2 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY
- Technical Specification
- Reviews (0)
Redefine the possibilities of high-megapixel video and still photography with the full-frame performance of the new and improved Nikon D810. The exceptional FX-format image sensor ensures Full HD 1080/60p video with remarkably reduced moiré and noise. With an incomparable image resolution of 36.3-megapixels, D810 will meet your exacting standards like never before. An ISO sensitivity range of 64 to 12800 ensures that your shots retain high resolution and rich tonality in any lighting condition. Achieve stunning results that are true to every detail with the unparalleled power of the D810.
OVERWHELMING RESOLUTION AND SHARPNESS
Explore the Island of Yakushima and its primeval forest in this world of 360° panoramas, made possible with the high quality images of the D810. This ultra-resolution panorama view is created by combining numerous tight angle still images using Giga Panowalk* image synthesis technology.
*Panowalk is a registered trademark of Amana Inc.
CRAFT INSPIRING STORIES WITH OUTSTANDING VIDEO
Realise your cinematic visions and create smooth, richly superior 1080/60p, Full HD video footage with the Nikon D810. The readout method of the image sensor has been optimised to deliver high-definition video with effectively minimised moiré and false colour. Easily switch between FX and DX movie formats, which eliminates the need to change lenses or the camera’s position to alter your angle of view. The FX-based format allows you to achieve exquisitely shallow depth of field with beautiful bokeh effects. With the DX-based format, your image can be cropped to an area equivalent to a DX-sized sensor, enabling the capture of distant subjects without a loss in quality.
TAKE YOUR MOVIE-MAKING TO THE NEXT LEVEL
Enjoy more freedom and choices for your video recording. The power aperture control includes pre-assigned buttons for changing the aperture smoothly and quietly mid-shot, without the hassle of rotating the command dial. During full manual video recording, the appropriate exposure can be easily achieved with the use of the Auto ISO sensitivity control. When it comes to capturing audio, record crystal clear sound with the built-in stereo microphone. Wind noise reduction and sound band selection options ensure rich sound captures, especially when shooting outdoors.
ULTIMATE SPEED FOR ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE
The Nikon D810 will capture the action shots you desire with the clarity you demand. Revel in a continuous shooting rate of approximately 5 frames per second (fps)*1 in FX-format, and up to approximately 7 fps*1 in DX-format.Choose between a variety of focus configurations with the highly-accurate 51-point autofocus (AF) system to suit the shooting situation and capture precise images with the sharpest detail. With the Group-area AF mode, you can take advantage of an improved level of subject detection.
INTELLIGENT FEATURES YOU CAN RELY ON
Cleverly designed with an electronic front-curtain shutter and a newly-developed mechanical sequence, the Nikon D810 captures exceptionally sharp images by reducing the internal vibration of the camera. This redesigned shutter also allows you to shoot images with absolute discretion, thanks to the diminished shutter noise. For effortless shooting, the Nikon D810 features an optical viewfinder with 100% frame coverage and prism coating to provide a brighter view.
Focus your attention on what’s important – finding and creating the right shot – with a series of thoughtfully designed features. The D810’s i button provides quick and direct access to various functions that complement your shooting situation. With the Split-Screen Display zoom feature, you can simultaneously view two points in a split screen for accurately levelled images, which is essential when capturing shots of architectural structures such as buildings and bridges.
UNLEASH THE D810’S FULL STRENGTH WITH NIKKOR LENSES
Make the most out of the power that a 36.3-megapixel camera can deliver with a range of equally high-performance lenses for the Nikon D810. From f/1.4 primes to fast f/2.8 zooms and f/4 zooms with Vibration Reduction (VR), the latest NIKKOR lenses – many designed with the renowned Nano Crystal Coat – are fully optimised with superior rendering capabilities to capture the high-resolution images the Nikon D810 has been created to deliver.
*1 When used together with batteries or a power supply other than the Nikon EN-EL15 Lithium-Ion battery.
*2 In-camera RAW processing or some retouch options (such as image overlay) cannot be applied.
- Type….Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens mount….Nikon F mount, (with AF coupling and AF contacts)
- Image sensor format….FX
- Image sensor type….CMOS
- Sensor size….35.9mm, x24.0mm
- Total pixels….37.09million
- Dust-reduction system….Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (Capture NX-D software required)
- Effective pixels…..36.3million
- Image size (pixels)
- FX (36 x 24) image area, (L)7360, x4912, (M)5520, x3680, (S)3680, x2456, 1.2X (30 x 20) image area, (L)6144, x4080, (M)4608, x3056, (S)3072, x2040, DX (24 x 16) image area, (L)4800, x3200, (M)3600, x2400, (S)2400, x1600, 5 : 4 (30 x 24) image area (L) 6144 x 4912 (M) 4608 x 3680 (S) 3072 x 2456 FX-format photographs taken in movie live view (L) 6720 x 3776 (M) 5040 x 2832 (S) 3360 x 1888 DX-format photographs taken in movie live view (L) 4800 x 2704 (M) 3600 x 2024 (S) 2400 x 1352 Note: Photographs taken in movie live view have an aspect ratio of 16 : 9. A DX-based format is used for photographs taken using the DX (24 x 16) 1.5X image area; an FX-based format is used for all other photographs.
- File format
- NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit, lossless compressed, compressed, or uncompressed; small size available (12-bit uncompressed only), TIFF (RGB), JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression (Size priority); Optimal quality compression available, NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control system
- Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat, ; selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls
- Media…CompactFlash (CF) (Type I, UDMA compliant), SD, SDHC (UHS-I compliant), SDXC (UHS-I compliant)
- Card slot…..Dual card slots: Either card can be used for primary or backup storage or for separate storage of NEF (RAW) and JPEG images; pictures can be copied between cards.
- File system…..DCF 2.0, DPOF, Exif 2.3, PictBridge
- Viewfinder….Eye-level pentaprism single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Frame coverage
- FX (36 x 24): Approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical, 1.2X (30 x 20): Approx. 97% horizontal and 97% vertical, DX (24 x 16): Approx. 97% horizontal and 97% vertical, 5:4 (30 x 24): Approx. 97% horizontal and 100% vertical
- Magnification….Approx.0.7x, (50 mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, –1.0 m–1)
- Eyepoint….17 mm (–1.0 m–1; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- Diopter adjustment…..-3 – +1m-1
- Focusing screen….Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VIII screen with AF area brackets (framing grid can be displayed)
- Reflex mirror….Quick-return type
- Depth-of-field preview
- Yes, Pressing Pv button stops lens aperture down to value selected by user (A and M modes) or by camera (P and S modes)
- Lens aperture….Instant return, electronically controlled
- Compatible lenses
- Compatible with AF NIKKOR lenses, including type G, E, and D lenses (some restrictions apply to PC lenses) and DX lenses (using DX 24 x 16 1.5X image area), AI-P NIKKOR lenses, and non-CPU AI lenses (exposure modes A and M only). IX NIKKOR lenses, lenses for the F3AF, and non-AI lenses can not be used. The electronic rangefinder can be used with lenses that have a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster (the electronic rangefinder supports the 11 focus points with lenses that have a maximum aperture of f/8 or faster).
- Type….Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane mechanical shutter; electronic front-curtain shutter available in mirror up release mode
- Speed….1/8000–, 30s, in steps of 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV, bulb, time, X250
- Flash sync speed….X=, 1/250s, ; synchronizes with shutter at 1/320 s or slower (flash range drops at speeds between 1/250 and 1/320 s)
- Modes…..S (single frame), CL (continuous low speed), CH (continuous high speed), Q (quiet shutter-release), Self-timer, MUP (mirror up), Qc (quiet continuous shutter-release)
- Frame advance rate
- 5fps, With EN-EL15 batteries Image area: FX/5 : 4 CL: 1–5 fps CH: 5 fps QC: 3 fps Image area: DX/1.2X CL: 1–6 fps CH: 6 fps QC: 3 fps Other power sources Image area: FX/5 : 4 CL: 1–5 fps CH: 5 fps QC: 3 fps Image area: DX CL: 1–6 fps CH: 7 fps QC: 3 fps Image area: 1.2X CL: 1–6 fps CH: 6 fps QC: 3 fps
- Self-timer…..2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1–9 exposures at intervals of 0.5, 1, 2, or 3 s
- Metering system…..TTL exposure metering using RGB sensor with approximately 91K (91,000) pixels
- Metering method
- Matrix: 3D color matrix metering III (type G, E, and D lenses); color matrix metering III (other CPU lenses); color matrix metering available with non-CPU lenses if user provides lens data Center-weighted: Weight of approximately 75% given to 12 mm circle in center of frame. Diameter of circle can be changed to 8, 15, or 20 mm, or weighting can be based on average of entire frame (non-CPU lenses use 12-mm circle) Spot: Meters 4 mm circle (about 1.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point (on center focus point when non-CPU lens is used) Highlight-weighted: Available with type G, E, and D lenses; equivalent to center-weighted when other lenses are used.
- Range…..(ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 °C/68 °F) Matrix, center-weighted, or highlight-weighted metering: 0–20 EV Spot metering: 2–20 EV
- Exposure meter coupling…..CPU, AI
- Mode…..Programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M)
- Exposure compensation…..–5 – +5EV, in steps of1/3, 1/2, or 1EV
- Exposure bracketing…..2 – 9 frames, in steps of1/3, 1/2, 2/3, or 1EV, ; 2–5 frames in steps of 2 or 3 EV
- Exposure lock….Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index) ISO 64
- ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)
- ISO64–, 12800, in steps of1/3, 1/2, or 1EV, Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 51200 equivalent) above ISO 12800; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting….Can be selected from Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, or Off
- ADL bracketing…..2 frames using selected value for one frame or 3–5 frames using preset values for all frames
- Autofocus system…..Nikon Advanced Multi-CAM 3500FX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, fine-tuning, 51 focus points (including 15 cross-type sensors; f/8 supported by 11 sensors), and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5–3 m/1 ft 8 in.–9 ft 10 in.)
- Detection range……–2 – +19 EV (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Lens servo…..Single-servo AF (AF-S), Continuous-servo AF (AF-C), ; predictive focus tracking automatically activated according to subject status, Manual focus (M):, Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus point……Can be selected from 51 or 11 focus points
- AF-area mode……Single-point AF, 9-, 21-, or 51- point dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, group-area AF, auto-area AF
- Focus lock…..Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Built-in flash…..Manual pop-up with button release and a Guide Number of 12/39, 12/39 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Control…..TTL: i-TTL flash control using RGB sensor with approximately 91K (91,000) pixels is available with built-in flash; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix, center-weighted, and highlight-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering
- Mode…..Front curtain sync, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, red-eye reduction, red-eye reduction with slow sync, slow rear-curtain sync, off; Auto FP High-Speed Sync supported
- Flash compensation….-3 – +1 EV in steps of 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV
- Flash bracketing…..2 – 9 frames in steps of 1/3, 1/2, 2/3 or 1 EV, ; 2–5 frames in steps of 2 or 3 EV
- Flash-ready indicator…..Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; blinks after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory shoe….ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)…..Nikon CLS supported; commander mode option available
- Sync terminal…..ISO 519 sync terminal with locking thread
- White balance…..Auto (2 types), incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual (up to 6 values can be stored, spot white balance measurement available during live view), choose color temperature (2500 K–10000 K), all with fine-tuning
- White balance bracketing……2 – 9 exposures in steps of 1, 2 or 3
- Live view shooting…..Live view photography (still images), Movie live view (movies)
- Lens servo……Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time servo AF (AF-F) Manual focus (M)
- AF-area mode…..Face-priority AF, Wide-area AF, Normal-area AF, Subject-tracking AF
- Autofocus…..Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)
- Metering…..TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Metering method…..Matrix, center-weighted, or highlight-weighted
- Frame size (pixels) and frame rate
- 1920 x 1080; 60 p (progressive), 50 p, 30 p, 25 p, 24 p 1280 x 720; 60 p, 50 p Actual frame rates for 60 p, 50 p, 30 p, 25 p, and 24 p are 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively; options support both high and normal image quality
- File format….MOV
- Video compression….H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Audio recording format…..Linear PCM
- Audio recording device…..Built-in or external stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable
- ISO sensitivity
- Exposure modes P, S, and A: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2) with selectable upper limit, Exposure mode M: Auto ISO sensitivity control (ISO 64 to Hi 2) available with selectable upper limit; manual selection (ISO 64 to 12800 in steps of 1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV) with additional options available equivalent to approximately 0.3, 0.5, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 51200 equivalent) above ISO 12800
- Other options…..Index marking, time-lapse photography
- Monitor size….8cm (3.2–in.) diagonal
- Monitor type….TFT monitor with 170 ° viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, and brightness adjustment
- Monitor resolution…..Approx.1229k-dot, (VGA; 640 x RGBW x 480 = 1,228,800 dots)
- Playback…..Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 9, or 72 images) playback with playback zoom, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, photo information, location data display, and auto image rotation
- USB….SuperSpeed USB (USB 3.0 Micro-B connector), ;connection to built-in USB port is recommended
- HDMI output…..Type C HDMI connector
- Audio input…..Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter; plug-in power supported)
- Audio output…..Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5 mm diameter)
- Ten-pin remote terminal…..Can be used to connect optional remote control, optional WR-R10 (requires WR-A10 adapter) or WR-1 wireless remote controller, GP-1/GP-1A GPS unit, or GPS device compliant with NMEA0183 version 2.01 or 3.01 (requires optional MC-35 GPS adapter cord and cable with D-sub 9-pin connector)
- Supported languages…..Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Marathi, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Battery…..One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL15 battery
- Battery pack…..Optional MB-D12 multi-power battery pack with one rechargeable Nikon EN-EL18a or EN-EL18 Li-ion battery (available separately), one rechargeable Nikon EN-EL15 Li-ion battery, or eight AA alkaline, Ni-MH, or lithium batteries. A BL-5 battery-chamber cover is required when using EN-EL18a or EN-EL18 batteries.
- AC adapter…..EH-5b AC adapter; requires EP-5B power connector (available separately)
- Tripod socket…..1/4–in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D)…..Approx.146, x123, x81.5mm (5.8, x4.9, x3.3in.)
- Weight…..Approx.980g (2 lb 2.6 oz), with battery and SD memory card but without body cap; approx. 880 g/1 lb 15.1 oz (camera body only) Operating environment Operating environment Temperature: 0 °C–40 °C (+32 °F–104 °F) Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- Operating environment…..Temperature: 0 °C–40 °C (+32 °F–104 °F) Humidity: 85% or less (no condensation)
- Supplied accessories
Monitor Cover BM-12, Body Cap BF-1B, Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL15 with terminal cover, Battery Charger MH-25a (comes with either an AC wall adapter or power cable of a type and shape that varies with the country or region of sale), USB Cable Clip, HDMI Cable Clip, USB Cable UC-E22, Strap AN-DC12, View NX 2 Installer CD