Nikon D5300 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) with AF-P 18-55mm f/ 3.5-5.6g VR Kit Lens
ORIGINAL DEALER PRODUCT
2 YEAR MANUFACTURER WARRANTY PRODUCT
2 YEAR EMI AVAILABLE
Type: Compact digital camera, Effective Pixels: 20.1 million, Image Sensor: 1/2.3-inches type
23.5 x 15.6 mm DX format CMOS sensor
3.2-inch LCD vari-angle monitor
EXPEED 4 processor
- Technical Specification
- Reviews (0)
Image quality, connectivity and creative control come together in this lightweight, full-featured DX-format DSLR. The new EXPEED 4 is our fastest image processor to date and complements the 24.2-megapixel CMOS. With its 39-point autofocus, improved white balance and wide sensitivity range, the D5300 lets you shoot stunning photos and Full HD movies. It’s our first DSLR to feature a built-in Wi-Fi®, so you can instantly transfer your photos*. Its GPS function saves location information to your images. A crystal-clear 3.2-inch LCD vari-angle monitor lets you shoot at any angle. With so many innovative features, the D5300 adds new dimensions to photography.
SUPERB IMAGE QUALITY THROUGH CUTTING-EDGE INNOVATIONS
Featuring enhanced quality and speed, the EXPEED 4 image processor is the perfect companion to the 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS. Capture full-resolution 12-bit RAW images at up to 5 frames per second. An improved white balance ensures brilliant whites, greater colour nuances, smooth gradations and sharp edges.
ENJOY GREATER RESOLUTION IN ANY LIGHT
The D5300 is designed without an optical low-pass filter (OLPF), allowing the high resolution CMOS sensor to record the smallest details with precision. Its wide sensitivity range of ISO100 – ISO12800 at normal setting delivers impressive noise reduction and is expandable to 25600 for extreme low-light situations.
DEFINE EVERY DETAIL WITH ITS 39-POINT AUTOFOCUS
For optimal sharpness, the D5300’s accurate 39-point autofocus quickly locks on to and track subjects. Its 3D Tracking mode seamlessly maintains focus even when your subject is moving towards or away from the camera – ideal for videos and sports photography. Choose from a variety of autofocus-area focus modes, including Wide-Area AF, Face Priority AF and Subject Tracking AF to match your shooting styles.
SHARING MADE EASY – OUR FIRST DSLR WITH BUILT-IN WI-FI®
Share precious moments the instant you snap them. Simply transfer shots to your computer or mobile device with the D5300’s built-in Wi-Fi®*, a first among Nikon DSLRs. A free Wireless Mobile Utility app lets you remotely control the camera with your mobile device.
LOG YOUR TRAVELS WITH ITS BUILT-IN GPS FUNCTION
When travelling, record GPS and altitude information to your images so you can relive your adventures with ease and convenience. A travel log function automatically maps your journey (with location points recorded at 15, 30 or 60-second intervals) even when the camera is off.
SHOOT AT ANY ANGLE WITH ITS 3.2-INCH VARI-ANGLE LCD MONITOR
The D5300’s large vari-angle monitor makes it easy to shoot from a variety of angles or to put yourself in the picture. Its 3:2 aspect ratio offers a wider full-frame view compared to conventional 4:3 monitors. With its 1036.8k-dot resolution, a 170º viewing angle and enhanced brightness, you’ll view your images with greater clarity.
GET CREATIVE WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS
Personalise your images from the camera with 9 special built-in effects, including the new Toy Camera and HDR Painting.
MASTER THE LIGHT WITH D-LIGHTING
For backlit scenes, use its intelligent D-Lighting function to automatically set the right exposure for your subjects while retaining the natural ambience of the background.
CREATE SMOOTH FULL HD MOVIES AT UP TO 1920 X 1080/60P
The D5300 lets you record videos with cinematic quality and stereo sound. The autofocus continuously tracks subjects to ensure fluid motion and crisp details. The frame rate can be set at 60p/50p/30p/25p/24p for additional video options.
EXPLORE MORE POSSIBILITIES WITH A WIDE CHOICE OF ACCESSORIES
The D5300 is available in red, black and grey. For greater control, versatility and creativity, choose from an expanding line-up of NIKKOR lenses and accessories including Speedlights, Wireless Controllers, image editing suites and more to match your shooting style.
- Type .........Single-lens reflex digital camera
- Lens mount....Nikon F mount (with AF contacts)
- Effective angle of view....Nikon DX format; focal length equivalent to approx. 1.5x that of lenses with FX format angle of view
- Effective pixels...24.2 million
- Image sensor...23.5 x 15.6 mm CMOS sensor
- Total pixels....24.78 million
- Dust-reduction System....Image sensor cleaning, Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX 2 software required)
- Image size (pixels)....6000 x 4000 (Large) 4496 x 3000 (Medium) 2992 x 2000 (Small)
- File format....NEF (RAW): 12- or 14 bit, compressed JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1 : 4), normal (approx. 1 : 8), or basic (approx. 1 : 16) compression NEF (RAW)+JPEG: Single photograph recorded in both NEF (RAW) and JPEG formats
- Picture Control System.....Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape; selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls
- Media.....SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- File system.....DCF (Design Rule for Camera File System) 2.0, DPOF (Digital Print Order Format), Exif (Exchangeable Image File Format for Digital Still Cameras) 2.3, PictBridge
- Viewfinder.....Eye-level pentamirror single-lens reflex viewfinder
- Frame coverage.....Approx. 95% horizontal and 95% vertical
- Magnification.....Approx. 0.82 x (50 mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, -1.0 m-1)
- Eyepoint.....18 mm (-1.0 m-1; from center surface of viewfinder eyepiece lens)
- Diopter adjustment.......-1.7 - +1.0 m-1
- Focusing screen......Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- Reflex mirror......Quick return
- Lens aperture......Instant return, electronically controlled
- Compatible lenses......Autofocus is available with AF-S and AF-I lenses. Autofocus is not available with other type G and D lenses, AF lenses (IX NIKKOR and lenses for the F3AF are not supported), and AI-P lenses. Non-CPU lenses can be used in mode M, but the camera exposure meter will not function. The electronic rangefinder can be used with lenses that have a maximum aperture of f/5.6 or faster.
- Type....Electronically-controlled vertical-travel focal-plane shutter
- Speed.....1/4000 - 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV; Bulb; Time
- Flash sync speed.....X=1/200 s; synchronizes with shutter at 1/200 s or slower
- Release mode......Single frame, continuous L, continuous H, quiet shutter release, self-timer, delayed remote; ML-L3, quick-response remote; ML-L3; interval timer photography supported
- Frame advance rate.....Continuous L : Up to 3 fps Continuous H : Up to 5 fps (JPEG and 12-bit NEF/RAW) or 4 fps (14-bit NEF/RAW) Note: Frame rates assume continuous-servo AF, manual or shutterpriority auto exposure, a shutter speed of 1/250 s or faster, Release selected for Custom Setting a1 (AF-C priority selection), and other settings at default values.
- Self-timer......2 s, 5 s, 10 s, 20 s; 1-9 exposures
- Metering mode......TTL exposure metering using 2016-pixel RGB sensor
- Metering method......Matrix metering: 3D color matrix metering II (type G, E, and D lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses) Center-weighted metering: Weight of 75% given to 8-mm circle in center of frame Spot metering: Meters 3.5-mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
- Range (ISO 100, f/1.4 lens, 20 °C/68 °F).....Matrix or center-weighted metering: 0-20 EV Spot metering: 2-20 EV
- Exposure meter coupling....CPU
- Mode.....Auto modes (auto; auto (flash off)); programmed auto with flexible program (P); shutter-priority auto (S); aperture-priority auto (A); manual (M); scene modes (portrait; landscape; child; sports; close up; night portrait; night landscape; party/indoor; beach/snow; sunset; dusk/dawn; pet portrait; candlelight; blossom; autumn colors; food); special effects modes (night vision; color sketch; toy camera effect; miniature effect; selective color; silhouette; high key; low key; HDR painting)
- Exposure compensation......Can be adjusted by -5 - +5 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV in P, S, A, and M modes
- Bracketing.....Exposure bracketing: 3 shots in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV White balance bracketing: 3 shots in steps of 1 Active D-Lighting bracketing: 2 shots
- Exposure lock.....Luminosity locked at detected value with AE-L/AF-L button
- ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index)......ISO 100-12800 in steps of 1/3 EV. Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 25600 equivalent) above ISO 12800; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- Active D-Lighting.....Auto, Extra high, High, Normal, Low, Off
- Autofocus.....Nikon Multi-CAM 4800DX autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection, 39 focus points (including 9 cross-type sensor), and AF-assist illuminator (range approx. 0.5-3 m/1 ft 8 in.-9 ft 10 in.)
- Detection range......-1 - +19 EV (ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Lens servo.....Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Focus point......Can be selected from 39 or 11 focus points
- AF-area mode.....Single-point AF, 9-, 21-, or 39- point dynamic-area AF, 3D-tracking, auto-area AF
- Focus lock......Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF) or by pressing AE-L/AF-L button
- Built-in flash.....Auto, portrait, child, close up, night portrait, party/indoor, pet portrait, color sketch, toy camera effect: Auto flash with auto pop-up P, S, A, M, food: Manual pop-up with button release
- Guide Number.....Approx. 12/39, 13/43 with manual flash (m/ft, ISO 100, 20 °C/68 °F)
- Flash control......TTL: i-TTL flash control using 2016-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash and SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, SB-700, SB-600, SB-400 or SB-300; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering
- Flash mode......Auto, auto with red-eye reduction, auto slow sync, auto slow sync with red-eye reduction, fill-flash, red-eye reduction, slow sync, slow sync with red-eye reduction, rear-curtain with slow sync, rear-curtain sync, off
- Flash compensation......-3 - +1 EV in increments of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Flash-ready indicator......Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes after flash is fired at full output
- Accessory shoe.....ISO 518 hot-shoe with sync and data contacts and safety lock
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS).....Advanced Wireless Lighting supported with SB-910, SB-900, SB-800, or SB-700 as a master flash or SU-800 as commander; Flash Color Information Communication supported with all CLS-compatible flash units
- Sync terminal.....AS-15 sync terminal adapter (available separately)
- White balance......Auto, incandescent, fluorescent (7 types), direct sunlight, flash, cloudy, shade, preset manual, all except preset manual with fine-tuning.
- Lens servo......Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F) Manual focus (MF)
- AF-area mode.....Face-priority AF, wide-area AF, normal-area AF, subject-tracking AF
- Autofocus.....Contrast-detect AF anywhere in frame (camera selects focus point automatically when face-priority AF or subject-tracking AF is selected)
- Automatic scene selection......Available in auto and auto (flash off) modes
- Metering.....TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Metering method.....Matrix
- Frame size (pixels) and frame rate......1920 x 1080, 60p (progressive)/50p/30p/25p/24p, high/normal 1280 x 720, 60p/50p, high/normal 640 x 424, 30p/25p, high/normal Frame rates of 30p (actual frame rate 29.97 fps) and 60p (actual frame rate 59.94 fps) are available when NTSC is selected for video mode. 25p and 50p are available when PAL is selected for video mode. Actual frame rate when 24p is selected is 23.976 fps.
- File format.....MOV
- Video compression.....H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Audio recording format.....Linear PCM
- Audio recording device.....Built-in or external stereo microphone; sensitivity adjustable
- ISO sensitivity.....ISO 100-12800; can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 25600 equivalent) above ISO 12800
- Monitor......8.1 cm/3.2-in. (3 : 2), approx. 1037k-dot (720 x 480 x 3 = 1,036,800 dots), vari-angle TFT monitor with 170 ° viewing angle, approx. 100% frame coverage, and brightness adjustment
- Playback......Full-frame and thumbnail (4, 12, or 80 images or calendar) playback with playback zoom, movie playback, photo and/or movie slide shows, histogram display, highlights, auto image rotation, picture rating, and image comment (up to 36 characters)
- USB.....Hi-Speed USB
- Video output....NTSC, PAL
- HDMI output.....Type C mini-pin HDMI connector
- Accessory terminal.....Wireless remote controllers: WR-1, WR-R10 (available separately) Remote cords: MC-DC2 (available separately) GPS units: GP-1/GP-1A (available separately)
- Audio input......Stereo mini-pin jack (3.5mm diameter); supports optional ME-1 stereo microphones
- Standards......IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Communications protocols......IEEE 802.11b: DSSS/CCK IEEE 802.11g: OFDM
- Operating frequency.....2412-2462 MHz (channels 1-11)
- Range (line of sight)......Approximately 30 m/98 ft (assumes no interference; range may vary with signal strength and presence or absence of obstacles)
- Data rate.....54 Mbps Maximum logical data rates according to IEEE standard. Actual rates may differ.
- Security.....Authentication: Open system, WPA2-PSK Encryption: AES
- Wireless setup.....Supports WPS
- Access protocols.....Infrastructure
- Receiving frequency......1575.42 MHz (C/A code)
- Supported languages......Arabic, Bengali, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal and Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Battery.....One rechargeable Li-ion EN-EL14a battery
- AC adapter.....EH-5b AC adapter; requires EP-5A power connector (available separately)
- Tripod socket.....1/4 in. (ISO 1222)
- Dimensions (W x H x D).....Approx. 125 x 98 x 76 mm (4.9 x 3.9 x 3 in.)
- Weight......Approx. 530 g (1 lb 2.7 oz) with battery and memory card but without body cap; approx. 480 g/1 lb 0.9 oz (camera body only)
- Temperature.....0 °C - 40 °C (+32 °F - 104 °F)
- Humidity......85% or less (no condensation)
- Supplied accessories......BS-1 accessory shoe cover, DK-25 rubber eyecup, BF-1B body cap, EN-EL14a rechargeable Li-ion battery (with terminal cover), MH-24 battery charger, AN-DC3 strap, UC-E17 USB cable, EG-CP16 audio/video cable, DK-5 eyepiece cap, ViewNX 2 CD, Reference CD (contains the Reference Manual)